Harvesting began on 3/9/2001.
The following websites were recently added to WebArchiv:
Recenzovaný vědecký časopis Auspicia
Vysoká škola evropských a regionálních studií, o.p.s.
Zažít město jinak
E+M Ekonomie a Management
Sládečkovo vlastivědné muzeum v Kladně
Salve : revue pro teologii a duchovní život
What is Webarchiv?
Webarchiv is a digital archive of Czech web resources which are collected with the aim of their long-term preservation. The National Library of the Czech Republic] has been organizing preservation of these documents since 2000. Tools developed by the Internet Archive], and the International Internet Preservation Consortium] (IIPC) respectively are used for web archiving. Webarchiv is a member of IIPC from 2007.
- The need to preserve for future generations non-print documents of cultural, artistic and historic value
- Enormous growth of electronic online resources published solely on Internet
- The ephemeral nature of electronic resources – valuable documents can be irretrievably lost
What is the purpose of web archiving?
- Digital documents freely available via Internet
- Publications with research and artistic focus, news and current affairs
- Periodicals, monographs, conference papers, research and other reports, scholarly publications, etc.
- Textual, and to some extent also visual and sound, documents existing only in digital format
What resources can be found in Webarchiv?