Harvesting began on 3/9/2001.
The following websites were recently added to WebArchiv:
Výběr dorostu ČR - orientační běh
Česká automobilová společnost : CAS
Galerie moderního umění v Roudnici nad Labem
Město Jemnice : oficiální web města
Rabten Čhödarling : centrum pro tibetská buddhistická studia v Liberci
Český svaz juda
What is Webarchiv?
Webarchiv is a digital archive of Czech web resources which are collected with the aim of their long-term preservation. The National Library of the Czech Republic] has been organizing preservation of these documents since 2000. Tools developed by the Internet Archive], and the International Internet Preservation Consortium] (IIPC) respectively are used for web archiving. Webarchiv is a member of IIPC from 2007.
- The need to preserve for future generations non-print documents of cultural, artistic and historic value
- Enormous growth of electronic online resources published solely on Internet
- The ephemeral nature of electronic resources – valuable documents can be irretrievably lost
What is the purpose of web archiving?
- Digital documents freely available via Internet
- Publications with research and artistic focus, news and current affairs
- Periodicals, monographs, conference papers, research and other reports, scholarly publications, etc.
- Textual, and to some extent also visual and sound, documents existing only in digital format
What resources can be found in Webarchiv?