Harvesting began on 3/9/2001.
The following websites were recently added to WebArchiv:
Primátor města Brna
Francouzská Aliance České Budějovice
Hnutí Úsvit přímé demokracie
Státní veterinární ústav Jihlava : pracoviště České Budějovice
Státní veterinární ústav Jihlava
Výzkumný záměr Škola a zdraví pro 21. století...
What is WebArchiv?
WebArchiv is a digital archive of Czech web resources which are
collected with the aim of their long-term preservation. The National Library of the Czech
Republic, in cooperation with Moravian
Library and Institute of Computer
Science of Masaryk University, has been organizing preservation of these
documents since 2000. Tools developed by the Internet Archive, and the International Internet Preservation
Consortium (IIPC) respectively are used for web archiving. WebArchiv is a
member of IIPC from 2007.
What is the purpose of web archiving?
- The need to preserve for future generations non-print documents of
cultural, artistic and historic value
- Enormous growth of electronic online resources published solely on
- The ephemeral nature of electronic resources – valuable documents can
be irretrievably lost
What resources can be found in WebArchiv?
- Digital documents freely available via Internet
- Publications with research and artistic focus, news and current
- Periodicals, monographs, conference papers, research and other reports,
scholarly publications, etc.
- Textual, and to some extent also visual and sound, documents existing
only in digital format
The aim is to archive everything that has ever been published on Internet
within the Czech web. However, this goal cannot be technically reached and
besides, not all resources published on web are by their nature suitable for
archiving (e.g. promotional material). For these reasons the archiving is
following three paths: